Welcome to the Highlander Studios blog.

I won't promise any earth shattering revelations here. What I will be trying to do is post some new products as I release them, share some thoughts on gaming and show some pics of games and other stuff that I enjoy. So come in and make yourselves at home.


Friday, May 20, 2011

My heroes have always been gadgeteers

During my childhood my favorite superheroes were always the guys with the cool gadgets. Give me Hawkeye, Nick Fury, Iron Man and Batman over those other chumps with "special" powers. I'll make an exception for Dr. Strange since he was just way out there, but those other retards... just as well to have saved the ink for all I cared.

So when the Star Wars movies came out, it was no big surprise that my favorite character was Boba Fett. You don't see him do much other than haul Han off in a block of carbonite in The Empire Strikes Back, but my eyes popped out of my skull when he finally gets to cut loose with a few of his toys in Return of the Jedi. Oh, man. Wrist rockets, a jet pack and the best looking blaster of the bunch. Then those sissies push him in a big hole with an over-sized ant lion. Dumbest movie idea ever. But I digest... er... you know what I mean.

Anyway, Boba Fett has been on my ever growing list of cool things to sculpt for about 4 years now. I finally made time to create my tribute to a great character in 15mm. Without further ado I give you...


Boba Fett.


Suck sarlaac digestive juices you pansy-ass rebel scum.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Prolley why he was all over the new trilogy...lol.
Cool sculpt man!

Dan said...

Hi Roderick, thats bloody awesome, he is perfect, I have been thinking about sculpting all the Star wars characters lately, to practice my sculpting, you have done an absolute awesome job on him, great work mate, I guess this is the hard part, will he be for sale?

brutpaul said...

He looks soooo cool! Hopefully he is going into mass production ;-)

Eli Arndt said...

Nicely done! And honest Fett. Too bad producing him would be so darned dangerous with the Lucas nazis everywhere.

-Eli

Rodrick Campbell said...

Thanks, guys. This one was big fun to sculpt.

It's not really the production that is the issue. It's the sale and distribution that could get me in trouble.

I'm considering a few options that may work, but I want to run them past my IP lawyer friend.

Rod

Fjodin said...

Its amazing!

Matt said...

If one of these happened to be available to distribute to me I'd be prepared to reimburse the cost of said distribution + plus an appropriate 'handling fee' to cover other associated costs such as the metal from which item is cast... :-)

Brutorz Bill said...

Ditto what Matt said!!!