Welcome to the Highlander Studios blog.

I won't promise any earth shattering revelations here. What I will be trying to do is post some new products as I release them, share some thoughts on gaming and show some pics of games and other stuff that I enjoy. So come in and make yourselves at home.


Saturday, July 23, 2011

Space: 1889 Gashant Conversions


     In spite of the heat induced torpor, I've made some progress on the sculpts for the end of the month. The gashant conversions are wrapped up and ready to go.



     I'll end up with two poses that are fairly stationary. I'm planning to use those for command and pack animals mostly.



     So far, I'm planning one mold with all of the poses without hardware to be used for herds, corralled animals, etc. All will have simple, more native tack and harness added to them. I'm not sure if there is really a need for European style. Since the Earthers wouldn't have been developing harness for these beasts for hundreds of years, they'd probably adopt the local hardware with some specific pieces like saddlebags and carbine sheaths added.



     I'll be wrapping up the adventurers this weekend. They should be on the way to the mold maker on Monday.

1 comment:

J Womack, Esq. said...

Stick to Martian tack, definitely. The Red men of Earth have no idea how to build a saddle for a gashant! Pfaagh!